Henrietta the Turtle


I finally got the Henrietta Turtle finished.  It's funny, but kids can be so enthusiastic sometimes.  I actually bought the pattern last time I was at the patchwork shop just because I need a new pincushion.  The last one I had got left in the kitchen and ended up feeling a little greasy from all the stir-fry that I've been trying out lately.  So I bought the pattern with the intention of making myself a cute new pincushion.  Suddenly DD5 wants a Henrietta, now DS6 also wants one.  And while I'm in the mass production mode, I'll make one for myself and one for the other DD, who's only 1.  So when the herd of Henrietta turtles is finally made, I'll upload photos of them too!  BTW - what's a collection of turtles called?  Is it a herd?

2 comments:

  1. Love Henrietta, and the idea of a whole family. Apparently it's officially a "bale" of turtles but I prefer a mosh of turtles which I read somewhere else. Welcome to bloggy world. melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like the mosh of turtles as well... It makes me think of a mosh pit at a rock concert - the antithesis of turtles! :-)

    ReplyDelete