Blogtoberfest 19-Oct-11

I know, it's been 9 days since my last post...  That almost sounds like I should be sitting in a confessional!   I'm going to make up for it though by posting a few posts per day...  Just to get into the habit again!

The reason for my slackness is that I've have been pretty busy!  Three kids will do that to me periodically, but this time I went away for the weekend with a couple of friends, for the first time in 4 years.

It still amazes me that sometimes we can meet people that we just click with, and feel totally relaxed around and they are just a blessing in our lives at that precise moment.  These two friends have come along at a time in my life when I was feeling quite alone, not necessarily lonely, but definitely separate from the rest of the Mum's at school and kindy.

They are two women that I really enjoy spending time with, mostly because we all just really GET each other and each others lives.   It's always really comfortable, compassionate and supportive (and crafty!) when we're together, talking for hours, drinking too much coffee or wine (not often enough!).

And if either one of them is reading this post, I just wanted to say how grateful I am that they have both come into my life.  Sometimes it's easier to type these things than it is to say!

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with everything in this post and the gratitude is right back at you sister. melx

    ReplyDelete